Like any other passwords, SBI profile password is aimed to offer utmost security to your SBI online account. The stronger is your password the better security you would get. To start with SBI online account, you need to first authenticate yourself, later for any new transaction, you need to provide your profile password to complete the transaction. It is advised that one must use different passwords for login and profile to strengthen the security level of the account. For enhanced security, it is recommended that one must set a multilingual password with added image and virtual keyboard.
Another way to make a strong profile password is to use a combination of numbers, small case & upper case alphabets and special characters. The website will offer you an option to set a hint for the password, which is very helpful in case you forget your password. It helps the SBI system to validate your identity in case you forget your profile password.
HOW TO SET SBI PROFILE PASSWORD?
- When you are registering for SBI internet banking, you must set your profile password right then only.
- Ensure that the profile password you set is a combination of special characters, letters in upper case or lower case, digits so it will be difficult to crack.
- Re-enter the same password to confirm the submission.
- Select a hint question from the drop-down This hint question will help the website authorize any password change in future.
- Provide a genuine answer to this hint question.
- Click on ‘Submit’ tab to submit your answer.
- Memorize the hint question for any future use.
Forgot SBI Profile Password
In case you have forgotten your SBI internet banking profile password, you can reset it on your own. However, for this, you must provide the right answer to the hint question to authenticate your identity. One can also reset his/her password by visiting the nearest SBI branch.
STEPS TO RESET SBI PROFILE PASSWORD
Here are the simple steps, that one needs to follow to reset his/her SBI profile password:
- Visit the official website of SBI Net Banking – www.onlinesbi.com.
- Log in with your specific user id & password.
- Now Click Profile -> Forget Profile Password.
- The Profile Password page will appear with a display of a form for the Hint question and answer.
- Now select the hint question, which you set the first time.
- Enter the answer to the hint question.
- Now click on the ‘Submit” button.
- A new page will pop up on your screen; you can set a new profile password here.
- To confirm your profile password re-enter the same password again.
- Click to “Submit” button.
- You have successfully reset your SBI profile
Note: This is not the official website of State Bank of India so don’t share your SBI profile password and username in the below provided comment box.