A number of people face problems when it comes to Linking and updating LPG customer id with SBI online banking account. Given below is the process which will make it easy for the people.
A new policy that is LPG subsidy was launched by the Indian Government. According to this policy, the government provides Rs 4000 every year to your bank account as a subsidy amount on your LPG cylinder purchase (provided you are eligible to avail the subsidy). In India, almost every household uses Subsidized LPG although the access is limited in government schools, canteens, police station etc.
In India, the domestic customers are allowed to obtain 9 cylinders per years. With the help of LPG subsidy policy, the government sends the subsidy of the cooking gas directly to the bank accounts of subscribers as a part of Direct benefit transfer (DBT) in the form of Rs.4000 every year.
How to link / Update LPG customer ID in SBI online bank Account
To avail this subsidy, the LPG customer ID has to be linked to your bank account. As most people have an account in SBI, so the procedure mentioned below explains how to link your customer id with SBI account.
First of all, you need to have an LPG customer ID. If you are among those who don’t have a customer ID, you need to get it otherwise you won’t get the benefits of LPG subsidy. A 17 digit number is given as the customer ID to every LPG subscriber all over the country. Given below is the process to obtain LPG ID Online.
Steps to get LPG ID Online for the HP Gas Customers
- Open the official website of HP gas – https://myhpgas.in/myHPGas/Login.aspxand then click on the column “17 Digit LPG ID”.
- Here select your State and District and enter the name of your HP gas distributor. You need to fill your consumer number and click on the proceed option.
- Now the LPG ID will be displayed on the screen. Note it down and save it for further use.
Steps to get LPG ID Online for the Indane Gas Customers
- Open the official website of Indane gas and then click on th3 option 17 digit LPG ID
- Enter initial letters of your distributor’s name and the list will be there to choose the distributor. After that fill your consumer ID and fill the CAPTCHA letters as shown and click on the submit button. Your LPG ID will be generated.
- Take a note of it.
Steps to get LPG ID Online for the Bharat Gas Customers
- Open the website of Bharat Gas and then on the option 17 digit LPG ID
- Enter your state, district, distributor and your customer ID. You even need to fill the text displayed in the captcha image and click on proceed button.
- Your 17 digit LPG ID will be there on your screen. Just note it down.
Now as you have got your LPG ID, follow the process below to link it with SBI Bank Account.
Steps to link SBI Bank Account with Customer ID
- Open the website of SBI.
- AT the left side, an option will be displayed on ‘Link LPG Customer ID,’ click on it to link it to your SBI account.
- After that, you have to fill certain details. The details are transaction accounts number, mobile number, and 17-digit LPG consumer ID. Make sure you enter the correct number. You also require re-entering your LPG consumer ID. This is done to make sure that first time you have entered it correctly.
- Click on ‘submit.’
- An OTP verification code will be sent to your mobile number. Enter the OTP and press the submit button.
- Thus now you have successfully linked your account with the LPG customer ID.