Here is a complete guide that will help you in link Aadhar card with pan card online via www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in. As per the Supreme Court Verdict, It is mandatory for all account holders to link their Aadhaar Card with their Bank Account Number for tax-returns and if any citizen of India, who has an Aadhaar Card but haven’t linked it to his/her bank account for the purpose of tax-returns must do so to avoid any consequences.
There are two ways to link Aadhaar Card with your Bank account- via www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in or through SMS. The Income Tax Department of India released a notification stating that it is mandatory for every taxpayer to link his/her Aadhaar Card with their Pan Card, online. It can also be done by sending an SMS to 567678 or 56161.
The Income-tax Department has made is quite easier for all the taxpayers to link their PAN Number with their Aadhar Card by two simple processes and either of them does not require any login or registration. This facility is available for everyone and that too for free.
STEPS TO LINK AADHAAR TO PAN CARD Via WWW.INCOMETAXINDIAEFILING.GOV.IN
Step 1: Visit the official website of Income Tax Department for Tax filing- www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in
Step 2: Enter your Aadhar Card number and PAN card number in the provided field.
Step 3: Verify the details and click on the “Link Aadhaar” button.
You need to log on the income tax website to link your Aadhar Card with your PAN Card. Here are the instructions you need to follow:
- Register as a user at Income Tax Department E-filling portal –incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in.
- Login to the e-Filling portal with your desired log-in ID and password along with your birth-date.
- Once you login into the e-filling website a pop-up window will appear where you can link PAN card with Aadhaar. If you do not get any popup window, you need to hover mouse cursor on “Profile Settings”, under which you can see the “Link Aadhaar” link.
- Your details would be already mentioned in the form you just need to verify the information on the form.
- After verifying the details you must click on the “Link Aadhaar” button.
- A Popup window will appear on your screen confirming successful linking.
HOW TO LINK AADHAAR CARD WITH PAN CARD USING SMS
Follow the below mentioned steps carefully to link your Aadhar Card with your PAN Card using the SMS service:
- Keep your Aadhar card and PAN Card number handy.
- Now open messaging app on your phone and type UIDPAN <SPACE> <12 digit Aadhaar No)> <Space> <10 digit PAN No>
- Send it to 567678or 56161
- The PAN and Aadhaar Card numbers will get linked and you will get the confirmation through an SMS.
AADHAR CARD LINK TO PAN CARD FAQ:
Here are some of the commonly asked questions about the process of linking Aadhar Card with PAN Card.
- Why should I link my Aadhar with PAN?
It is a mandate for all taxpayers to link their Aadhar Card with PAN Card number. Many people don’t want to pay due to tax to the government, hence they use multiple PAN card details. Through this process, the government will detect Income Tax Evasion and make the guilty pay the fine.
- Is there any alternate way to link Aadhar card with PAN card?
The two ways to link your Aadhar card with PAN card are mentioned above, there is no other way than these two. The easier option is by sending SMS with your registered mobile number UIDPAN<12 digit Aadhaar><10 digit PAN> to 56161 or 567678.
- What will happen? If I don’t have Aadhar card?
If you don’t have Aadhar card, then you must apply for it as soon as possible. Meanwhile, you can provide the application number as a document proving that you have applied for an Aadhar Card.
Don’t neglect this process & link your Aadhar Card with PAN Card as soon as possible. Because this is a government issued notice to every Indian Taxpayer. Link your Aadhar card with PAN Card and enjoy hassle-free income tax return submission.
Note: This is not an official website of Income Tax Department E-filling hence we request you not to share your personal information like Aadhaar Card no, Pan Card, Name, Address and any other information in the below provided comment box. However, if you have any query about the process, please feel free to ask, we will revert back to you as soon as possible.