Firstly, an SBI virtual card is a temporary SBI credit card number. One can create this number very easily using onlinesbi.com. You can also link this virtual card with PayPal to ensure convenient online payment using this free virtual credit card in India. The card enables you to shop online at any e-commerce website which accepts Visa cards. The card will be first issued by marking a lien on the specific account and the real debit to the account will only occur when the card is used.
Recently, SBI has launched its virtual card which as a matter of fact is a great service by SBI that enables its customers to create a virtual credit or debit card. This card can be further utilized for fulfilling an online transaction on any e-commerce portal. An important thing to note is that this virtual card is not a credit card but it can be put to use for any Indian site that accepts visa card.
SBI credit card is also called as an electronic card or e-card. It is similar to a limit debit card (VCC) that is created for e-commerce transactions. State Bank of India Virtual Credit Card that is (SBI VCC) is a convenient and secure way of carrying out online transactions by not disclosing the account information or primary card details to the merchant.
Ways to Create SBI Virtual Card – VCC / Debit Card & Credit Card form online – www.onlinesbi.com
Main Features Of SBI Virtual Card:
- Primarily, since the customer’s account details are not communicated to the merchant it decreases the risk of disclosing the underlying credit and debits limit to the merchant.
- The virtual card is valid only up to a maximum of 48 hours that is 2 working days or until the transaction is completed.
- The validity of the State Bank virtual card will thus depend on whichever of the above scenarios taking place first.
- It enables the customer to complete their payment from any of banking accounts that have internet banking facility. Which can be created for any amount (minimum value being Rs 100 and maximum being Rs 50,000).
- It is convenient to use the card with no requirement of extra setup for registration in it.
- There is also zero loss in creating it as the card is itself generated by marking a lien on the underlying bank account and the specific amount will be debited, when an actual transaction is being performed using the SBI virtual card.
STEPS TO CREATE SBI VIRTUAL CREDIT CARD (VCC):
Step 1: First things first, you will have to visit www.onlinesbi.com and login to your internet banking account. Post that click –on the request tab and select the alternative “state bank virtual card” from the list.
Step 2: Click on the tab that specifies “Generate virtual card”.
Step 3: Enter the amount of your choice and choose an account that you wish to use. This account will be debited for contributing funds to the virtual card.
Step 4: You will then receive the 8 digit password on your registered mobile number. In order to validate your account, you have to enter this 8 digit password.
Step 5: Post that your virtual debit card will be generated on your computer screen, and you will be able to see the card image and card number along with its expiry date and other information on your card. Then you can use these card details for making further online transactions.
For making using of all these advantages of the SBI virtual card, users are advised to read all the instructions carefully. It is also advised to never share your virtual card details with no other person. This is a one-time transaction. The card also has limited validity. The card is accepted only in countries like India, Nepal, and Bhutan for completing your SBI credit card payment in Indian rupees.
We are in no manner affiliated with “State Bank of India”. Please note that SBI Online is not the official website of State Bank of India. We created this for only to enable and guide people to use various features of banking. Do not disclose your personal details or information like Social Security Numbers, Bank Account Numbers, Usernames, Passwords, Aadhaar Card Numbers, or any type of other personal information here.