For individuals having SBI online access, the bank offers online intra bank transfer facility. Under this facility, you can transfer money to any individual having an active account with SBI after adding them in your internet banking profile. Such beneficiaries are known as the intra-bank beneficiary.
State Bank of India is one of the largest public sector banks in India with a multination, financial facet. It is a government organization with over 16000 branches all across the nation. The central office of the State Bank of India is located in Mumbai, Maharashtra. The bank has also established itself internationally with 131 branches in 32 countries.
Considering the well-being of its customers, SBI has extended amplitude of services to the customers online. This ensures that the customer is not deprived of any banking services in any condition. The customer needs a mobile/computer or tablet and steady internet connection to use all such services.
Internet connectivity might not be a concern in urban areas but in rural India, internet connectivity is still a problem. Thus, the bank further segregates the method of login on the basis of the internet speed. If you have a high-speed internet connection, you may log in using the usual internet banking login, however, if the internet connection is slow; you can use the ‘login lite’ service offered by the State Bank of India. Thus, the type of internet connection you use widely depends upon the internet connectivity in your area.
SBI, the largest and oldest commercial bank OF India offers a variety of commercial banking services. These facilities aren’t only beneficial for the customers but they also help the bankers in saving time & efforts. One such facility is online money transfer facility. There are two modes of transferring money using SBI Online Banking, one is intra-banking; here the money is transferred from your SBI account to some other SBI account as per your choice and second is an Inter-bank transfer under which you can transfer money to any account with any other bank then SBI.
Likewise, the type of beneficiary also differs, in the case of intrabank transfer, you must add an intra-banking beneficiary and in case of an inter-bank transfer, you must add an inter-bank beneficiary.
Today, we will learn how to add an intra-bank beneficiary to your SBI Online Banking Account:
How TO ADD INTRA BANK BENEFICIARY TO SBI ONLINE INTERNET BANKING ACCOUNT?
- Visit sbionline.com to initiate the process.
- You will see ‘personal banking’ tab on the left side of the page. If you have a steady internet connection with good speed, log in using ‘SBI Internet Banking Login’ whereas for slow connection, use ‘SBI Internet Banking Login Lite’.
- The next prompt video will offer you some instructions, read them carefully and click on ‘continue to login’.
- Enter your username and password in the login details form.
- You will be directed to your control panel, here click on your ‘Profile’ tab.
- The tab will expand and next, you must click on ‘Manage Beneficiary’.
- Here, to add a beneficiary, you must provide your profile password. Profile password is different than your login password and is set during your first log in. In case you have forgotten your profile password, you must check with the bank for the solution. Entering profile password wrong more than three times will block your internet banking access for 24 hours.
- Upon successful login to your profile using your profile password, you must click on ‘Intra-bank Beneficiary’.
- To add an Intra Bank Beneficiary you must provide some details of the person like the name of the individual, bank account number, transfer limit, etc. once you fill all the details, click on ‘Submit’ tab. Another prompt page will appear, here click on ‘Approve now’.
- On the next page just click on ‘Approve Beneficiary’. Then you just click on ‘Approve through OTP’. You should select the account of beneficiary then enter the OTP that you have received on your mobile. Finally, you just click on ‘Approve’. Your Intra-bank beneficiary SBI Online would be added in just up to 4 hours.