State Bank of India is one of the greatest banks working in India, which makes it the first preference for people who want to open an account. The features and reliability offered by the bank make it more famous among the clients. For the people who want to know about the CIF Number in State Bank of India then this article will be a great help to you.
To know about the CIF number of your SBI bank account, these are the details which you need to be aware of. Basically, CIF stands for Customer Information File in which all the data in concern with the account holder and the account is stored. This CIF by State Bank of India is regularly updated with the latest transactions which occur in your ledger. There are various advantages of this (customer information file) number. This number is also helpful when you need to transfer your bank account from one branch to some other branch.
How to Find CIF Number in SBI?
Various Ways to find CIF number of your bank account.
- How to Find CIF Number in the Passbook of SBI?
In the passbook, CIF number is mentioned on the very first page. Look at your account number and there you will find the CIF number.
How to Find CIF Number Online?
By using internet banking facility offered by the bank, you can find your CIF number. You need to activate internet banking for this process.
- The first thing you need to do is open the Online SBI site and sign in to your internet banking account.
- Once you have a sign in, click on the account statement option and then click ‘GO’ to view or download account statement of the account whose CIF number you actually want to see.
- You will find the CIF Number on the financial balance statement.
- How to Find CIF Number in SBI Cheque Book?
CIF number is also present in the checkbook. It is imprinted on the main page of the chequebook. However, sometimes it is not mentioned. For that case, you need to visit the branch and ask the details about it.
How to find CIF number of Central Bank?
Ordinarily, Central Bank of India updates this 11-digit, CIF number all the time since it is vital to keep up the record exactness faultlessly. CIF number incorporates data, for example:
- Kind of the account you are holding.
- Details related to the client holding the account in the bank.
- Account balance of current and previous months.
- Current and previous transactions.
This CIF number holds significance since all banks including the Central bank of India offers items and services to the clients in light of this number. In the situation when you need to shift your account from one branch to another than CIF number is required.
How to discover this CIF number in Central Bank of India?
- If you are holding passbook of your Central Bank of India, then CIF number is printed on its first page.
- Even CIF number is imprinted on the cheque book issued by the bank.
- Visit the bank branch and ask for your CIF number.
- You may utilize Central Bank of India net banking portal by signing on the site and then finding the CIF.
These are conceivable four techniques to know CIF number of Central bank of India account.
How to Find CIF Number by Calling Customer Care?
In the situation when you are unable to find your passbook or cheque book than customer care option will be a great help to you.You need to follow certain steps.
- Call on the SBI customer care on their toll-free number: 1800 425 3800.
- Once you call them, get your call associated to speak with customer care official by choosing choices utilizing IVR.
- Tell them that you need to know your CIF Number; they will ask you a couple of things like your bank account number, name, address and so on for confirmation reason.
- If you answer all of them correctly they will tell your CIF number.
You can also know your Customer Information File (CIF) number by branch visit.
- Instructions to find CIF number by Branch Visit:
For the branch visit process, you need to follow certain steps.
- Visit the SBI branch in your city.
- Tell the account official that you want to know your CIF number
- You will be asked your account number and after that will you be given your CIF number.
- Also, remember to carry your Address and identity proofs so that you can show it to the official attending you if in case he asks for the confirmation.